Prestigious Title Show makes grand start at 3rd edition of Katara International Arabian Horse Festival
The prestigious Title Show of the 3rd edition of the Katara International Arabian Horse Festival (KIAHF-2023) made a grand start featuring magnificent purebred Arabians at the splendid main arena of the Festival at Katara Beach on Wednesday.
Held under the generous patronage of His Highness The Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Katara International Arabian Horse Festival is organized by the Cultural Village Foundation- Katara in cooperation with the Qatar Equestrian Federation (QEF) and the Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club (QREC).
KIAHF Title Show’s opening day was graced by the presence of His Highness Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani, Personal Representative of the Amir, His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Khalifa Al Thani, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Thani, His Excellency Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad Al Thani, President of the Qatar Olympic Committee, and Her Excellency Sheikha Al Mayassa bint Hamad Al Thani, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Qatar Museums, in addition to His Highness Prince Abdullah bin Fahd bin Abdullah, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Saudi Equestrian Federation.
Also present were a number of Their Excellencies Sheikhs, ambassadors accredited to the country and representatives of diplomatic missions.
The eye-catching Tile Show is featuring some of the finest horses from Qatar, Italy, Uruguay, Kuwait, Denmark, Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Austria, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Britain, Spain, Belgium, Sweden, Palestine, Poland and France.
Winners of all classes on the first three days of Title Show qualifying classes make it to the championship finals to be held on Saturday (February 11).
On the opening day, Sheikh Nawaf bin Nasser Al Thani’s Hariryah Al Nasser claimed the top place in the Yearling Fillies (Class 1A) while D Aserah of Dubai Arabian Horse Stud topped the Yearling Fillies (Class 1B).
Shahalel Al Shaqab (Owned by Al Shaqab, Member Qatar Foundation) claimed the best honours in Yearling Fillies (Class 1C).
In the Fillies 2 Years Old (Class 2A) category, Mzoon Al Diriyah, owned by Abdul Mohsen bin Mubarak bin Zaid Alhindi Alkhaldi, won the top place.
The day’s fifth category – Fillies 2 Years Old (Class 2B) saw D Najlah scored a second top win of the evening for the Dubai Arabian Horse Stud, being adjudged as the best in the class.
Later, the Yearling Colts (Class 4A and 4B) took place.
KIAHF is considered one of the most prestigious, luxurious and largest of international festivals showcasing purebred Arabian horses. KIAHF 2023 comprises the Katara Arabian Peninsula Horse Show, the prestigious Katara International Horse Festival Title Show, and The Auction.
The 3rd edition of KIAHF which began with the four-day Arabian Peninsula show on February 1, and saw the Auction on February 6, is an 11-day extravaganza which will conclude on February 11.
KIAHF carries a total prize purse of QAR 17,085,500mn of which QAR 13,900,000 is the prize money for the Title Show in addition to other valuable in-kind prizes provided by the sponsors.
KIAHF 2023 is sponsored by Nasser Bin Khaled Al Thani & Sons Holding Group (Diamond Sponsor), Ahli Bank (Exclusive Sponsor), Vodafone (Telecom Sponsor), Ali Bin Ali Luxury (Titanium sponsor), Qatar Insurance Group (Platinum Sponsor), Hairaat Jewellery (Diamond Sponsor), Jovoy Rare Perfumes (Bronze Sponsor), Qommunication (Social Media Sponsor), and White Event (Social Media Sponsor).
KIAHF 2023 Title Show (Day 1 Results)
Yearling Fillies (Class 1A)
1. Hariryah Al Nasser (Owned by Sheikh Nawaf bin Nasser Al Thani) 92.06 points.
2. Qamra Al Jamal (Al Jamal Stud) 91.38 points (won by type).
3. Farida AlJassimya (Al Jassimya Farm) 91.38 points (upper by type).
Yearling Fillies (Class 1B)
1. D Aserah (Dubai Arabian Horse Stud) 92.94 points.
2. SF Nora (Aljassimya Farm) 92.44 points.
3. Nadiya Al Zobair (Owned by Sheikh Abdulla bin Mohammed Ali Al Thani) 92.19 points.
Yearling Fillies (Class 1C)
1. Shahalel Al Shaqab (Owned by Al Shaqab, Member Qatar Foundation) 93.31 points.
2. AJ Raseel (Owned by Ajman Stud – HH Sheikh Ammar bin Humaid Al Nuaimi) 92 points.
3. D Ghamrah (Dubai Arabian Horse Stud) 91.63 points.
Fillies 2 Years Old (Class 2A)
1. Mzoon Al Diriyah (Owned by Abdul Mohsen bin Mubarak bin Zaid Alhindi Alkhaldi) 92.25 points.
2. Sabha Mudhar (Owned by Sheikh Hamad Ali A TH Al Thani) 91.94 points.
3. Rayyanah Al Nasser (Owned by Sheikh Nawaf bin Nasser Al Thani) 91.75 points.
Fillies 2 Years Old (Class 2B)
1. D Najlah (Dubai Arabian Horse Stud) 92.63 points.
2. TM Bella (Owned by Faisal Al Kubaisi) 92.50 points.
3. MDS Roudha (Owned by Qusai Obaidalla – MDS Stud) 91.44 points.